Delivering successful outcomes for children and young people
In order to achieve the very best outcomes for looked after children and young people in our care, Fostering People provide the following:
- Regular Social Worker contact and input
- Provision of Looked After Review reports
- Support for contact, participation and social activities
- Identification of appropriate education provision, ongoing support and educational outcomes monitoring
- Individual safer caring policies for each child, which are regularly reviewed
All placements of children and young people with Fostering People foster carers are made and monitored in accordance with the Fostering Services Regulations (England 2011, Wales 2003, Looked After Children Scotland Regulations 2009 and National Care Standards (Scotland 2005)
This ensures that:
- All foster carers are properly approved, reviewed and have signed a ‘Foster Care Agreement’.
- All children’s placements are made using individual ‘Foster Placement Agreements’, which are prepared either before or at the point of placement and which include essential information sharing and care plans.
Wherever possible, pre-placement planning is undertaken, including introductions between foster carers and child(ren). For emergency placements immediate care and placement planning is given rapid attention.