Fostering People recognises that each child or young person placed with our foster carers has different needs and may require additional support services to ensure the continuity of the placement.
This can range from extended interaction with children and young people looked after – we acknowledge the value of communicating with children and young people – to providing access to therapeutic consultation and support.
We are able to offer the following additional fostering services:
- Assessment of children and young people’s future placement needs
- Sibling assessments
- Helping children and young people to understand what is being planned for them and preparing them for placement
- Assistance with family finding to reduce delays children and young people may face whilst waiting for a permanent family
- Life story work – helping children and young people to make some sense of their life experiences to date
- Access to therapeutic consultation and support
- Provision of child specific education advice and support
- Contact services.
Extended support services
Additionally, working in partnership with, Fostering People can offer local authorities a range of further support services. This includes social work service, education services and direct support to children and young people. We also have extensive experience in the assessment and support of kinship care and can offer a bespoke arrangement on request.